SERVES : 1
COOKS IN : 1 HOUR
DIFFICULTY : EASY
Save yourself some money and give these Chinese takeaway style salt & pepper chips ago. They’re simple, full of flavour and spice & will be the cherry on the top of your “fakeaway”.
- 1 potato
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 yellow pepper
- Chilli (to taste)
- Soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
HOW TO MAKE THEM
1. Cut your potato into chips roughly 1cm thick and boil your chips for 7-8 minutes.
2. Season with sesame oil (or an alternative oil) and salt & bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180°C.
3. In a wok fry your onion, garlic, pepper & chilli until softened.
4. Add the chips to the pan and a splash of soy sauce along with salt & pepper.
5. Top with additional chilli flakes and enjoy
Check out my other Chinese takeaway style dishes to create the ultimate vegan fakeaway.