SERVES : 4
COOKS IN : 45 MINUTES
DIFFICULTY : MEDIUM
I won’t lie and tell you it’s simple to make these crispy cauliflower tacos, but a bit of time and effort sure does pay off. You can also be as simple or as complex as you like with these tacos so feel free to adjust to your fancy – I like a crazy amount going in my tacos (onions, peppers, mushrooms, salsa, guac & jalapeños) but you can easily miss any of this and just fill your tacos with your cauliflower and sauce of choice!
Now Mexican is a strong contender for my favourite cuisine, so I could eat these any day of the week, but there’s something about tacos that just rings party food. Maybe it’s the idea of it all being chucked in the middle of the table for people to scramble over, or maybe it’s my association of tacos with tequila – either way, they are a party food winner, so be sure to whip these up over a dinner party and impress your friends.
I mentioned that tacos can be as simple or complex as you’ve got the time and effort for and you can make these simple by skipping breading the cauliflower and just baking them in the spice mix. But if time permits, the crispy edge of the cauliflower makes these all the more tasty, so get breading.
- Oat milk
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic granules
- Lime zest
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Red Onion
- Lemon juice (or finely slice pineapples for a fruity salsa)
- Red wine vinegar
YOUR CHOICE OF VEG & COLESLAW
HOW TO MAKE THEM
1. Start by making your crispy cauliflower, cut into roughly 1 inch chunks.
2. In a bowl, whisk cornflour, dairy free milk & the spices into a paste.
3. Dip you cauliflower into the paste and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180°C
5. Whilst your cauliflower bakes, make your tequila lime guac by finely slicing red onion & tomatoes. Add mashed avocado, a squeeze or lime and a drop of tequila.
6. Make your salsa by finely slicing red onion, tomatoes & chilli. Squeeze in lemon juice and a drop of red wine vinegar.
7. Fry some veg in oil to go alongside your cauliflower. Onion, pepper & mushroom go amazing and will cook on a high heat in roughly 5 minutes.
8. Fry your tortilla wrap in a pan on a low heat for a minute or so.
9. Fill your tortillas with a bit of everything on the table & enjoy 🇲🇽